ESD Device Policy
ESD Devices - Final Sale!
Medspares.com will supply all ESD devices in anti-static bags with handling instructions. All of the ESD devices supplied have been stored and handled using ESD precautions. We however recommend you follow the instructions below when you receive the ESD device from Medspares.com
Electronic boards, adapters, media drives, and disk drives are sensitive to static electricity discharge. These devices are wrapped in antistatic bags to prevent this damage. Take the following precautions to prevent damage to these devices from static electricity discharge.
- Attach a wrist strap to an unpainted metal surface of your hardware to prevent electrostatic discharge from damaging your hardware.
- When you are using a wrist strap, follow all electrical safety procedures. A wrist strap is for static control. It does not increase or decrease your risk of receiving electric shock when you are using or working on electrical equipment.
- If you do not have a wrist strap, before you remove the product from ESD packaging and installing or replacing hardware, touch an unpainted metal surface of the system for a minimum of 5 seconds.
- Do not remove the device from the antistatic bag until you are ready to install the device in the system.
- With the device still in its antistatic bag, touch it to the metal frame of the system.
- Grasp cards and boards by the edges. Avoid touching the components and gold connectors on the adapter.
- If you need to lay the device down while it is out of the antistatic bag, lay it on the antistatic bag. Before you pick it up again, touch the antistatic bag and the metal frame of the system at the same time.
- Handle the devices carefully to prevent permanent damage.
Medspares.com sale on ESD devices is final sale, there will be no refunds or exchanges. This is because of the sensitive nature of the devices and we cannot determine how these parts are handled after they leave our control.